If you are an undergraduate engineering student who wants to discover innovative solutions to problems, look no further. The Undergraduate Summer Research Grant Program (USRG) at Texas A&M University will take your academic career to the next level. USRG provides an exciting and unique opportunity for undergraduate students to immerse themselves in research under the guidance of College of Engineering faculty, postdoctoral fellows and advanced graduate students.
This program is open to talented students who are completing their first, second or third year of college. You do not need to be a Texas A&M student to apply to this program. If you’re from another university, you’ll travel to College Station, Texas for the summer to conduct research. The program culminates in a poster session where you’ll have the opportunity to present your own research to faculty members and your peers, gaining valuable insight and experience.
Students who take advantage of this opportunity are more likely to attend graduate school and continue researching innovative advances in engineering and technology. We hope to see you next summer!
- Nov. 15, 2019 – Application opens
- Dec. 2, 2019 – Application review begins and decision notifications are on a rolling basis
- Feb. 28, 2020 – Application deadline for domestic students
- Week of April 1, 2020 – Domestic students decision notification
- Interest in and a desire to actively participate in ongoing research projects
- Preference is given to students with at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA
- Be a U.S. resident or permanent resident
- International students may apply only if currently enrolled at Texas A&M University in College Station
- Major in engineering, computer science or related math or science curriculum
- Completed at least freshman year (30 hrs.) by spring 2020
- Graduate no sooner than December 2020
- Exceptions to the above (excluding graduation requirement; excluding Residentship requirement) will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Application Packet Requirements
- Completed application – submit online
- Personal Statement (minimum 500 words) – submit online
- Two (2) recommendation letters – submit online
- Unofficial Transcript(s) – submit online