Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship in The University of Maine and University of Concepción, Chile. During the Summer of 2016, the Forest Bioproducts Research Institute offers for the third year an opportunity for 10 highly qualified undergraduate students to participate in research for a 10 week period, 06/06/2016 – 08/12/2016 .
This research experience is funded by the National Science Foundation. Women, minorities and students with disabilities are strongly urged to apply to the program.
• $5000 Stipend + On Campus Housing Provided
• 2 of the 10 Students to Perform their Research in Chile
• Week Long Research Experience & Exchange in Chile for all Students
• Opportunity to Perform Research on Pressing Global Issues Relating to Sustainable Product Development and Biofuel Generation from Woody Biomass
• Sustainability and Life Cycle Analysis
• Feedstock Extraction/ Modification
• Process Control and Sensing
• Nanomaterials Production and Utilization
• New Product Development
• Nanotechnology Risk Assessment
Forest Operaions • Resource Economics • Bioproducts • Bioenergy • Biology • Chemistry • Chemical Engineering • Bioengineering •Material Science • Nanotechnology
• Current undergraduate in sophomore or junior year with a minimum GPA to 3.0
• US Citizen or permanent resident
• Must have a valid passport
• Fundamental and Applied Forest Bioproducts Research
• Access to State-of-the-Art Research Equipment and Facilities
• Technical Writing and Oral Presentation Opportunities
• Ethics Workshop
• A Series of Evening and Recreational Activities
• Field Trips!