NSF REU Site: Summer Engineering Research Experiences in Transportation Electrification
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department in collaboration with the University of Maryland Energy Research Center and the Institute for Systems Research offer undergraduate students an exceptional opportunity to participate in pioneering research on Transportation Electrification with faculty mentors from University of Maryland at College Park (UMCP). This Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program is funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
June 1, 2015 through August 7, 2015
- $5,000 stipend, room and board, and travel allowance.
- Tours of local industries and laboratories in Baltimore/Washington DC metropolitan area.
- Inspirational technical and professional development seminars.
- One-on-one training and mentoring by UMCP faculty members.
- Opportunities to publish and present research outcomes.
- Build a strong collegial community between participant undergraduate students, graduate student mentors, and involved faculty.
Application deadline: March 9th, 2015.
Please apply through the A. James Clark School of Engineering REU Summer 2015 application at http://www.eng.umd.edu/html/survey/reu-engr
Please select ‘Transportation Electrification’ in Section 4 to apply to the REU in Transportation Electrification.
For additional information please contact:
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Institute for Systems Research
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742