The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) in Texas is looking for Interns for Summer 2020. The NRCS is recruiting high school students and college students who are at least 16 years of age, to work summers in local NRCS field offices through the Pathways Program.
Oct. 15, 2019 – Soil Conservationists/Range Mngmt (0499 job series)
Oct. 16, 2019 – Agriculture Engineer (0899 job series)
Oct. 17, 2019 – All other disciplines
Oct. 21, 2019 – Recent Graduate Announcements
Announcements will be advertised for a maximum of 5 days and will close when an application ceiling is reached. Apply early!
This Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed. Upon graduation, Interns who successfully complete the program may be converted to career, term, or career-conditional appointments without competition.
Roles & responsibilities:
• Provide technical and financial assistance to agricultural producers
• Develop conservation plans with landowners
• Advise on the design, layout, construction, management, operation, maintenance and evaluation of voluntary conservation practices
• Farmland Protection
• Upstream flood prevention
• Emergency watershed protection
• Urban conservation
• Local community projects designed to improve social, economic and environmental conditions
• Conduct soil surveys
• Conservation needs assessments
Please refer the attached flyer for more information.