NASA Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
(Administered by the Universities Space Research Association)
- The NASA Postdoctoral Program offers U.S. and international scientists the opportunity to advance their research while contributing to NASA’s scientific goals.
- The NPP supports fundamental science; explores the undiscovered; promotes intellectual growth; and encourages scientific connections.
- Selected by a competitive peer-review process, NPP Fellows complete one- to three-year Fellowship appointments that advance NASA’s missions in earth science, heliophysics, planetary science, astrophysics, space bioscience, aeronautics and engineering, human exploration and space operations, and astrobiology.
- Current research opportunities can be viewed on-line: https://npp.usra.edu/opportunities/
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in hand before beginning the fellowship, but may apply while completing the degree requirements. U.S. citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents, and foreign nationals eligible for J-1 status as a Research Scholar, may apply.
- Stipends start at $60,000 per year, with supplements for high cost-of-living areas and for certain academic specialties. Financial assistance is available for relocation as well as subsidized health insurance, and $10,000 per year is provided for professional and programmatic travel.
- Applications are accepted three times each year:
- March 1
- July 1
- November 1