The International Research Experience for Students (IRES) Program in Uzbekistan is hosted by the California State University, Fullerton in partnership with the Uzbekistan Academy of Sciences, and supports international research experiences for U.S. students. The program has been partially funded by the National Science Foundation since 2017, and gives U.S. students summer research experience in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
The program runs from June 14 through August 9, 2020. Students will join research institutes of the Uzbekistan Academy of Sciences to conduct research in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. Applications received by March 2, 2020 will be given full consideration.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Program Director, Dr. Zair Ibragimov at email@example.com
Activities planned for 2020:
- Visit of two IRES mentors from Uzbekistan to CSUF during January.
- Partnership agreement between CSUF and Tashkent University of Information Technologies (TUIT): a delegation visit from TUIT is planned during February and visits of CSUF faculty experts to TUIT is planned in August.
- IRES program from June 14 to August 9.
- Advanced Studies Institute in Mathematical Physics, to be held on August 3-14 at the Institute of Mathematics
- Third USA-UZB conference to be held on August 13-16 at Urgench State University.
- West Asian Mathematical Schools, to be held on August 17-22 at Urgench State University