The CREST IDEALS REU 2020 Program at The City College of New York has a focus on recruiting students from under-represented minorities and groups, but, all students are encouraged to apply.
The program lasts 9 weeks, from June 1st – August 9th, comes with a $5000 stipend, as well as on-campus housing for non-NYC residents
There are three different research areas:
1. Low-DimensionalFunctional Materials andNano-Heterostructures
2. Bio-Inspired Re-configurable Materials
3. Novel Materials Probes and Design Formalism
All students will be provided a research stipend and opportunities for hands-on research in state-of-the-art facilities,professional development workshops,and organized group activities. Non-NYC residents will be provided with on campus housing. Eligibility is outlined on the application website.
Application Deadline: February 29, 2020
The REU program includes:
- hands-on research in state-of-the-art facilities
- professional development workshops
- organized group activities
- a stipend of $5,000
- on campus housing for out-of-state candidates
Interested students should send the application materials listed below by E-mail to
Admission decisions will be made by March 27, 2020.
Students offered a position must accept or reject that offer, via e-mail, no later than April 23, 2020. The e-mail with application materials should contain the subject heading “Application for the 2020 IDEALS REU Program” and the following items should be included as attachments:
(1) A one-page curriculum vitae
(2) A statement of career interest following undergraduate school
(3) An unofficial transcript
(4) Completed IDEALS REU Application Form (next page)
In addition two letters of recommendation should be e-mailed, from the authors, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, include “REU 2020 recommendation for “, followed by the applicant’s name, in the Subject line.
Anthony Richardson, Center Administrator
More information on the application process here.