Howard University is a recent recipient of the Bridge to the Doctorate Fellowship grant, funded by the NSF. They are now actively recruiting nine (9) talented Fellows for this prestigious award for the 2019-2020 academic year. We welcome nominations of capable STEM students for the fellowship program.
* Must have participated in an LSAMP Program (or similar programs such as McNair, CSTEP, AGEP at a LSAMP institution – see application)
* Must have obtained a Bachelors in a STEM Discipline
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
* Must have a 3.2 or higher GPA
* Must plan to matriculate into a STEM doctoral degree program at Howard University; must have submitted an application and been accepted to a Ph.D. STEM program at Howard University
* A two year fellowship of $32,000 annually
* Full tuition
* Support services and faculty/professional mentoring
* Opportunities to attend academic and professional workshops.
STEM Graduate Programs
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Electrical Engineering Computer Science
- Genetics & Human Genetics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Nutritional Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Physics & Astronomy
- Physiology & Biophysics
Please feel free to consult them at LSAMP@howard.edu or by phone at 202 865-8568
You may find the application form here.