A STEM RECRUITMENT EVENT FOR UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS
Dear University Faculty and Staff,
We would like to invite you and your students to the Laboratory’s fourth annual First Look@Argonne – A STEM Recruitment Event for Underrepresented Groups Conference on Friday, October 28, 2022. This year’s conference will be conducted virtually. The half-day info session will provide you and students with the opportunity to:
- Learn about the Department of Energy (DOE) complex and Argonne’s mission science research.
- Explore Argonne’s campus and research facilities virtually.
- Network with Argonne researchers and engineers across the many different STEM disciplines.
- Learn about summer and year-round research opportunities for undergraduate students.
- Connect with current and past interns.
- Consider participation in a tandem event, Mini-Semester, to further prepare you for an internship at a national laboratory.
Our goal for this conference is to show students the diverse STEM research and opportunities at Argonne and across the DOE laboratory complex, and the support we offer in navigating the summer internship application process.
Please contact University Student Programs for any questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you at First Look@Argonne.
|Friday, October 28, 2022
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. CT
Location: Online/Zoom Meetings
Register By: Tuesday, October 18 at 11:59 p.m. CT
|WHO SHOULD ATTEND|
|All are invited to register and attend! This includes faculty, administrators, and students from freshman to 5th year seniors.
Ideally, student registrants should:
Additionally, each student will need to complete their own application.