The 2019 Louis Stokes Midwest Regional Center of Excellence conference, Building a Diverse STEM Talent Pool: Classrooms to Careers, will be held Friday-Sunday, October 25-27, 2019, at the Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing. Registration and Call for Proposals are now open!
The conference offers the LSAMP programs and scholars multiple ways to participate, engage, and promote their program at the conference. Please take a look at these opportunities and let me know if you have any questions.
- Undergraduate/Graduate Competitive Poster Session– Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program are invited to participate in the competitive poster session. Some travel awards are available. Poster abstract deadline extended to August 16, 2019!
- NSF Bridge to the Doctorate Roundtable Session– Currently (or anticipated) NSF-funded Bridge to the Doctorate programs are invited to participate in the roundtable session. Each program will host a table and undergraduates will circulate in a speed-dating format. This is an opportunity for the BD programs to promote their program and share important information about the graduate degree opportunities and program deadlines with potential undergraduate applicants. Deadline extended to August 16, 2019. Early submission is encouraged. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/ecac73cf5ad24e53901268244d840bde
- NSF Bridge to the Doctorate Oral Presentations– Current NSF BD Fellows are invited to submit a proposal for the competitive oral presentation session. Each presenter gets 10 minutes to present their research followed by a 5 minute Q&A. Selected presenters receive a $250 travel award and complimentary conference registration. Deadline extended to August 16, 2019. https://lsmrce.org/conference/annual/nsf-bridge-presenter.aspx
- Resource Fair –The conference will host a resource fair on Saturday from 4p-5:30p. This is an opportunity for LSAMP BDs, REUs, and graduate school programs to host a table. We anticipate approximately 250 undergraduate URM STEM students to be in attendance. The tables are complimentary, but table sponsorship requests are due by August 16, 2019. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/e4ed5044913c43109e1e891b34c36dac
- Poster Session Judges – We are seeking approximately 50 judges to review and score more than 150 posters. Ideal candidates are fellows, post-docs, and faculty who are researchers in STEM or mentors of STEM students. Judges receive complimentary conference registration. https://lsmrce.org/conference/annual/poster-judges.aspx
- Volunteers– It takes many hands and minds to pull off a great event. We seek members of our community to commit to a few hours and help make this conference a success! We appreciate any and all assistance we receive, so if you want to volunteer but don’t see a slot that fits your schedule, contact Deb Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-278-4753. Individuals who volunteer for two or more shifts receive complimentary conference registration! https://lsmrce.org/conference/annual/volunteers.aspx