The University of Southern California (USC) School of Pharmacy’s SURF program is geared towards increasing learning and networking opportunities for undergraduate students committed to pursuing either professional or academic research careers across the entire pharmaceutical continuum including drug discovery, delivery, mechanism of disease and drug action, clinical and translational studies, regulatory science, outcome analysis and policy development. Students will develop confidence and independence in conducting research and communicating scientific concepts under the guidance of faculty and other mentors. In addition to daily engagement in the lab, students will attend biweekly entrepreneurship/professional development seminars and participate in a workshop on the graduate school application process so as to aid in the pursuit of graduate study. At the end of the summer, students will give an oral presentation of their research to their peers and faculty.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 15, 2019- awardees will be notified in April, 2019
APPLICATION URL: https://tinyurl.com/USC-SURF
NOTE: If you are not able to access the application form, please log out of your Texas A&M Google Account, and log back in with your regular Google Account. That should allow you to access the application form.
• Undergraduate students between their junior and senior year (rising senior status when school
resumes in the fall)
• Students must be in good academic standing and enrolled for next year’s classes
• Must be US citizens or permanent residents
• Applications are strongly encouraged from the following groups to enhance diversity in our training
programs: first-generation college student, veterans or a member of a group that is underrepresented in graduate education (African Americans, Latinos, American Indians or Alaska Natives, native
Hawaiians, and other Pacific Islanders; individuals with disabilities, defined as those with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990).
• Participate in cutting-edge research with top USC faculty
• Receive a $3,500 stipend for a full-time program during summer (full time, 10 weeks minimum;
involvement for a longer period may depend upon project and faculty preference)
• Gain experience and tools to enhance your application for competitive PhD programs
• Explore the rich and diverse culture of Southern California in Los Angeles while learning about the
resources and graduate training opportunities at the USC School of Pharmacy
• Develop lasting friendships with fellow participants
• Housing is provided in shared housing on USC’s University Park Campus on a demonstrated financial need basis only AND is based on availability of funding. Evidence of financial need can be
demonstrated by providing your most current need-based financial aid package (FAFSA).
USC School of Pharmacy Graduate Affairs Office: 323.442.1474 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit – https://pharmgradprograms.usc.edu/summer-undergraduate-research-fellowships-surf/