The College of Engineering at the University of Wisconsin Madison welcomes applications for the summer research program SURE 2019.
SURE is a 10-week summer research experience for rising juniors and first year seniors. Students selected to participate will –
- Conduct research under the direction of faculty mentors
- Work as members of a laboratory research team investigating problems in engineering and the physical sciences in an academic environment
All participants receive a $5,000 stipend, food allowance, transportation to and from the program, and housing for the 10-weeks.
More information is available at – SURE 2019.
- Undergraduate students majoring in mathematics, chemistry, physics, engineering, biotechnology related engineering areas, and other physical sciences with an interest in attending graduate school.
- Students who have completed their junior year.
- Students with an overall GPA of 3.4 or higher on a 4.0 scale. Because SURE/REU is a graduate recruitment program, specific GPA requirements for graduate applications in individual departments will be applied.
- Students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents enrolled in an accredited college or university.
Please note that the APPLICANT is responsible for submitting a complete application consisting of the following:
- The application form, available online.
- A statement describing your scientific interests and goals. Be sure to include information on previous laboratory research experience, postgraduation (undergraduate) plans, any experiences you have had that have prepared you for this experience, along with your reasons for applying to the program.
- “Unofficial” college transcripts.
- One letter of recommendation from a professor in your major area or a former research advisor/supervisor.
Deadline for SURE 2019 is February 15, 2019 but placements begin in early January.