All students presenting posters agree to the following rules and guidelines. If you have questions about the requirements or guidelines please email Dr. Samuel Merriweather at email@example.com
- Attire is a minimum of business casual for all student competitors.
- Participants may present research topics that are still being evaluated/do not have any concrete results yet.
- Abstracts cannot be longer than 250 words.
Poster Presentation Rules
- All posters should include these basic elements, or their equivalents formated per discipline: Abstract, Introduction, Objective, Approach/Methodology, Results (if applicable), and Discussions/Conclusions (if applicable).
- Students will have to bring their own posters to the Symposium.
- Poster dimensions cannot exceed 4 feet in height by 4 feet in length.
- Posters should not have attachments that pose a hazard to viewers, should not interfere with passersby, and should not include handouts.
- All participants will be judged according to the same scoring criteria. Key components of the criteria are:
- Poster Appearance : Poster should be easily readable, neat and professional
- Poster Elements : Poster should make use of text and graphics and should have clearly identified sections
- Overall Research : Research should have benefits or further research aspects should be identified
- Research Content : Project goals, methods, results and outcome should be clear and understandable