The University of Georgia focuses on hands-on and interdisciplinary research experience at the interface of nanotechnology and biomedicine. More than 30 faculty participants from the College of Engineering, College of Arts and Science, and Medical School inspire students by creating an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Students will participate in interdisciplinary research projects that apply nanotechnology to specific biomedical problems. Each REU student will be co-mentored by paired faculty from the nanotechnology and biomedical disciplines on a collaborative research project.
· Hands-on research in state-of-the-art facilities
· Cutting edge projects
· Weekly career development seminars, workshops, and field trips
· Group social activities
· Presentations in research symposiums and BMES annual meeting
· Undergraduate students majoring in science or engineering
· U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
· Minorities and women strongly encouraged to apply
· $5,000 stipend
· Travel allowance
Application deadline is February 10, 2019. Selections will be based on a combination of research interests, academic qualifications and faculty recommendations.
Program Dates: May 20 – July 27, 2019
To apply or for more information, please visit http://reu.engr.uga.edu