Want to go to grad school in a STEM field but not sure where to begin? Our program has the answer!!!
If you are interested, please submit a Statement of Interest form by clicking on the button on the right.
Who We Are
GIG is a new program through the LSAMP office that encourages students to attend graduate school in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields.
What We Do
Host and sponsor workshops and activities aimed at motivating students to attend graduate school in the STEM fields
GIG Point System
GIG Point System
- TAMUS LSAMP Symposium (4 points)
- Texas Regional GEM Grad Lab (4 points)
- GIG seminars (1 point)
- Graduate school seminars planned by other campus units or offices with prior approval (0.5 points)
- TAMU LAUNCH UGR Expo (0.5 points)
- TAMU Career Center Graduate and Professional School day (0.5 points)
- Present research at TAMU Student Research Week, TAMUS LSAMP Symposium, or national/regional conference (4 Points)
- Publish Research (4 Points)
Maximum 10 points per semester
Points accumulated in GIG activities can be used to redeem any of the items mentioned in How You Can Benefit section below.
How You Can Benefit
Participate in GIG and be eligible for:
- Graduate school application fees
- GRE Exam fee
- GRE score report fee
- GRE prep class fee
- Conference travel reimbursement
- Sponsorship to a university graduate program Preview Day
Tentative Seminar Topics
- Applying to and Funding Graduate School
- Etiquette in Professional Settings
- Study Habits
- Guides to an Effective Presentation
- Resume/CV Writing
- What Can Research Do for You?
- Identifying, Selecting, and Utilizing a Mentor
- Writing a Compelling Personal Statement
If you are interested or want to learn more about the program, please submit the Statement of Interest form by clicking on the button to the right.